Saturday, March 29, 2008

Rough day today

I'm having one of those days where you're not sure how you're doing. I've been wrestling with existential crises. Like am I ever going to be able to be a grown up? And where is the money going to come from?

For example, we want to get a house. It will be nice to own our own place. But then I realize houses have taxes that come due. And when something breaks you have to fix it. And yard work. I hate yard work. I have no desire to "putter around the yard." Sounds like hell to me. My personal theory is part of the reason my parents had so many kids was to have more cheap labor to pitch in around the yard.

And we have been discussing a second dog. But we can't agree on what kind of dog. And we can't do it yet anyway because our current lease only allows for one dog. I don't like her small dog choices and her big dog choices are totally impractical for the amount of space we have. For a little while there she was okay with a dachshund. Now she's not. So if we get another dog, we have to move.

And if we move I'll need a larger scooter for the longer commute. But the bike I really want is, simply put, more money than I should spend. I can get a used car for less. So I'm torn between desire and guilt.

Don't get me started on the issues surrounding the possible move.

I think I'm going to go play some video games and hide till this blows over.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't think we'll ever end up with another dog the way our impasse is going. I'm just biding my time until I can win.

Christine Wy said...

http://christine-wy.blogspot.com/2008/03/its-like-that.html

I blogged back. Ball's in your court, Professor.