Friday, September 28, 2007

Mmmm, ham

I was joking with my wife this morning. Or teasing depending on your point of view but I'm the one telling this story so stop trying to impose your perceptions on me. Anyway, she's been missing having friends she can talk to face to face. So far I've had a little more time to socialize out of the house with others and understandably she's missing the people she's used to seeing every day.

So she was emailing one of these friends this morning and to get back on track here is what roughly went down.

Me: "Are you writing Person X?" (Note this is not this person's name though that would be really bad ass if it was. I'd love an awesome code name. Wait, I have one already Professor Makey-Outey, no, I mean Professor Matthew).

Wife (Another note, not what I call her, at least most of the time): "Yes." I'm paraphasing.

Me, pretending what I'm saying is what she's writing: "'I miss talking to you. Move down here and live with me. We can dump Matthew in the alligator farm.'" Again, paraphrasing.

Wife: "Hmmm, alligators don't like human flesh, we'd have to attach hams to the body."

Her tone of voice was so matter of fact it was as if this is something she'd considered for some length before realizing hams would be the perfect solution to this situation. And truth be told, she's right.

1 comment:

Christine Wy said...

Coincidentally, Wifey also got a quote about bacon into the local student newspaper. I love me some pork. And supposedly alligators do too...