Sunday, September 30, 2007

How is your evening going?

I'm sitting at the computer right now working on a lesson plan for class tomorrow. Or more accurately, I'm procrastinating a little before I finally force myself to get something, anything, done. And I hear a little scritchy noise.

In this part of the country I've learned a scritchy noise usually means one thing. So I look around a little and sure enough, I can see its outline in the plastic upside down "lampshade" thing in the light that I just turned on. Big roach. It's trying to climb up away from the hot bulb but it can't get enough traction on the plastic to make it.

So basically I'm watching a roach slowly die. Just so you know, I don't feel any guilt. And if you could see the size of this thing you'd know why I'm waiting till I know it's dead before I turn off the light and try to fish it out.

That light may stay on for a long time before I even try to look.

1 comment:

See Why Not said...

Thanks. Thanks a lot. I needed that mental image. How are so many roaches getting on the second floor? Seems like all the good food is on the first floor.

Gonna chunder now.