Thursday, October 4, 2007

Just ... angry for no good reason

Somehow I slept through most of my first class today. It's an 8 o'clock class which is hard enough to get up for but the good thing is that once it's over, my day is half over. Well, I have office hours but office hours, even if you are working on grading or lesson plans, never feel like work really. Unless you're on deadline for something that is.

I digress. The alarm didn't go off or somehow I turned it off and back on again or something. I checked the volume so that wasn't it and I turned the time forward and it went off. So what was it? Now I'm behind in that class and I was already about 20 minutes behind where I wanted to be anyway.

I'll never know exactly what happened, which makes me mad. Most of the time I'm really good at letting go the things that I have no control over. Most of the time. But some things just hit me the wrong way and I can't control it. If I'm lucky I let out a small burst of frustration and that is it, it's over and we move on (though it sometimes scares my wife because it is literally a burst. I yell really loud or something to get it out).

But sometimes it just lingers. It gnaws at me and I just have trouble even functioning. It's amazing I've written this much. There is nothing I can do, I can't travel in time and wake myself up so I make it to class. I can't fix this easily. I just have to figure out how to play catch up next week. Not sure how I'm going to do this.

Funny thing is, writing about it helped a little. Go figure.

No comments: