Tuesday, November 6, 2007

I abide and I endure

We watched The Night of the Hunter last night together, hence the title. Wife is trapped in bed so I took advantage of it and her desire to hang out with me to get her to watch movies that I love. And that was on TCM. Amazing movie, I highly recommend it.

Right now I feel a little like that's what I'm doing right now, abiding and enduring. I feel a little ragged having to take care of everything in the household and everything work related at the same time. I'm busy enough with teaching, grading, getting ready for end of semester and prepping for next semester. I'm also handling advising for students on top of that. And then there's taking care of the dog. I need to go to the laundromat last week and still haven't been.

And that's enough whining about how hard my life is.

In other news, with the clock change by 6:30 it's pitch dark outside. Okay, we do live in a neighborhood with a lot less street lights than the old one. But that doesn't change when the sun goes down. But what makes it even more weird is how comfortable it still is outside. We're having the coldest days since we moved here. And it's still in the 60s and even 70s. So it feels partially to me like its February with how early it gets dark. But on the other it still feels almost summer like. Throw in Christmas commercials starting up and I have no idea what time of year it is supposed to be like.

I'm hearing that some of you out there are already getting snow flurries. 70 degrees in November makes it a lot easier to abide and endure.

1 comment:

Christine Wy said...

You haven't given nearly enough gory details about how hard you've worked to take care of Wife. Like bodily pulling her out of the bathtub since she can't do it on her own. Or picking her up when she falls off her crutches. Or all the lunches and snacks orchestrated by caretaker husband.

Honestly, you've been a saint, but I can't believe you haven't complained. You must be maturing in front of my very own eyes.