Thursday, January 8, 2009

I don't get it

Why is it when many people dial a wrong number they get mad at you? I'm not the one who dialed your phone. Or on the other hand I'm not the one who gave you the wrong number when you asked for their "digits" with your "mad game skillz". I've gotten four wrong numbers in the last two days. It's getting annoying.

Actual conversation from earlier today:

Them: "Is (mumbles) there?"

Me: "I'm sorry, who?"

"Can I talk to Rachel?"

"There's no one here by that name."

"I'm calling for Rachel."

"This is not her number."

"Who is this?" He sounds annoyed or suspicious. Like Rachel is cheating on him with me. Or maybe he's a telemarketer willing to sell to anyone who answers the phone.

Me: "Who are you?" He hangs up. Maybe he's the one Rachel is cheating with? I'll never know.

To the anonymous caller I have a question. I don't hang up on you when I realize you're a dumbass, why hang up on me without apologizing? I'm the person getting their time wasted.

1 comment:

a said...

That is annoying.

I've also had the experience (in more than one location) of having a phone number that apparently used to belong to a deadbeat. I would get calls from collection agencies, and they would not believe either a) that I was not "Amy" or b) that there was no "Billy Campbell" living in my house. The Amy caller actually got sharp and sarcastic and accused me of lying. I ended up yelling at him, and I don't really do that sort of thing. It was just too much to be wrongly hassled by a stranger and then called a liar!