Saturday, February 21, 2009

Beat me like a rented mule

At this point the season is over half over (not including the playoffs) and my Penguins are struggling to get back in the playoff race. They even went so far as to fire their coach, usually a sign of desperation or deep frustration with the way the season is going.

And what did I just find out by accident? That we get the NHL Network on our cable package. At least for this weekend that is. Nice. How many games did I miss? How much news coverage? How much Hockey Night in Canada? Who can say?

How many insane suits worn by Don Cherry have I missed out on? If you don't know, google image him. I'll wait.


See the majesty? I realize some is better than none but I'm still sad inside. Senators versus Capitals starts soon though, so I have that going for me.

And the title is a reference to Mike Lange, voice of the Pittsburgh Penguins. The man is an artist. If you don't know, you better find out. Michael, Michael Motorcycle, am I going to watch some hockey.

No comments: