Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Let he who is wearing white shoes cast the first stone

Don't know if this came across your pop culture radar but I just found out about it. A month or two ago, former relevant performer Pat Boone made some...interesting remarks about his feelings about homosexuals, equating people who protested Prop 8 with the Mumbai terrorists. Yes. Seriously. No, really, go read the article and come back. He went there.

One of my favorite blogs, Armagideon Time has been taking Boone to task over the last few days. But I couldn't resist taking a shot myself.

I was working at a record store when Boone's covers of heavy metal songs came out.

At the time I thought he was in on the joke. Now I wonder if maybe he was thinking, "Pat Boone is back on top, baby, giving the kids what they want." At this point he's obviously delusional so anything is possible.

I thought about buying it for the weirdness factor (and because it would be dirt cheap with my employee discount). Now I'm glad I didn't.

On the other hand, you'd think that Boone would be a little more supportive of minorities. He made his career ripping off African Americans in the first place. You'd think it would have made him more open minded.

2 comments:

Christine Why said...

I'm like a thousand years younger than you. Who on earth is this "Pat Boone" you speak of? And yes, I'll read the article, but only after I read about "Pat Boone" in Wikipedia.

Casey Sachen Photography said...

Does Pat Boone blog? If he did it would probably be funnier to read than Fuck You Penguin. What a moron.