Tuesday, November 25, 2008

And the winner is

The flu. Or whatever death bug I have caught. The inside of my mouth is tender from all the cough drops that I need to live. As a result the beard shaving is postponed till I am more laurel and hearty (yes, I know I'm ripping off Mel Brooks for that joke). The top voter was "Go to hell." Errr, I mean friendly mutton chops.

I'm just sick enough to be achy and annoyed. Not sick enough to say "screw the world. I'm staying on the couch with my movies and playstation." Wife has decided I'm going to the clinic if I don't get better soon though.

I'm not sure why she thinks I need to be "tutored" at the clinic. Course I'm a little congested I could be mishearing her.

4 comments:

Shivs said...

I am on week four of the superbug. I have twice thrown my hands up in defeat and watched DVDs all day/slept. It travels from my throat to my lungs, to my ears, to sinuses, to this magical lump of sore on the roof of my mouth (dangling sinus?)... and then back again, through the route over several days. Honestly - four weeks and counting! I've got the ear-ache again at the moment... here's hoping you are just wimpy and don't have this bastard virus I've got...

TonyN said...

RUN! She really said "neutered!"

Anonymous said...

Off topic, but whos your favorite comedian Matthew?

Professor Matthew said...

Shivs, why would you hope I am wimpy? That's not nice at all. Mine is still lingering five days later but the sore throat is gone so the rest is just annoyance.

Tony, good thing I didn't go then.