Sunday, November 2, 2008

In hindsight I could have told you this would happen

So after all my posts about how much I love Halloween, how did I spend it? Let's just say there was no need to warn the authorities.

I did wear one of my very fine smoking jackets to work and it was successful. Or at least a bunch of folks lied to my face about how much they liked it.

Then Wife and I tried to go to a southern diner for dinner only to find out that it had gone out of business. So instead it was a trip to Cracker Barrel where we did buy some candy after the meal. During the meal I also had the joy of convincing her it was not the best idea to spend nearly 500 dollars you kind of don't have on eyeglasses you kind of do not need. Always fun to have to be the spoilsport asshole responsible one (I have a much longer post I'm working on about that topic).

This was followed by sitting on the couch while we listened to a remake of the War of the Worlds broadcast celebrating the 70 year anniversary of that historic event (I'll get to lecture on it this week in my Mass Communication class. Ask me about it if you're interested). Wife enjoyed it so much that she slept through most of it and then was too tired to sing Karaoke with me.

Yep, I'm a wild man. How did you celebrate?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You could join the ranks of the truly dorky and read the WOTW2 redux on Twitter which was slightly amusing to participate in but has none of the warmth of the original, IMO.

Tina and I watched the updated Texas Chainsaw Massacre and ate pizza instead of going to the 12000 people strong party taking place down the street from us.

Anonymous said...

uuuhhhmmm. yeah, i was a total killjoy halloween. not my finest day. sorry.

Professor Matthew said...

Andrew: It is a strange day when you realize couch with wife is so much more fun than party with anyone else. And despite my tech love I've yet to get hooked on twitter.

Wifey: There will be other karaoke nights. And other Halloweens. And other posts about it. I never told the story of my Thor costume.