Monday, August 13, 2007

I'm still lauging about this one

I went for my first spin around town tonight. I know, it took me long enough. Let's just say that my second spin will be tomorrow.

On the way home I crossed this bridge over the inlet and stopped at a red light right near the main square in town. Some guy pulls up in the lane next to me on this enormous sport bike. He's wearing sandals, board shorts and sunglasses. And that's it.

So I was chuckling a little to myself thinking about how much it would hurt if he laid his bike down just wearing that. Maybe he noticed or maybe he was just showing off. Either way, he starts doing a burnout. I'm trying not to look because I don't want to encourage him but I'm keeping my eye on him just in case.

Those of you familiar with idiots doing burnouts can probably see where this is going. That's right, he starts getting a little sloppy and of course dumps his bike and it lands on top of him. He's response as he tries to jump up and act like he meant to do that, "Whoa." He kills the engine as smoke wafts around him. The light turns green.

Remember what I wrote about this being right near the town square. Which is practically ground zero for tourists. People on the sidewalk are staring down the road trying to figure out what happened. And also looking at me because I am laughing so hard they can actually hear me.

Definitely a good ride.

Matthew

2 comments:

Christine Wy said...

I hate white on black text! Why must you do this to my poor eyeballs?

Love you ;)

meinemo said...

Most people aren't lucky enough to get to see what they hope would happen to an arrogant stranger. What a great story!