Wednesday, August 22, 2007

We got the beat?

So last week Christine told me she got me a surprise. It had to be special ordered. She kept saying weird things about what she had to do to get the surprise ready and other strange things about it. Luckily it came quickly because she was really being a little obsessive about it without actually giving hints. It came yesterday.

Karaoke machine. Yes, that's right, I now have a karaoke machine. I love karaoke. Or the Roke, as I have learned actor Paul Rudd calls it. I am a huge ham and a frustrated punk rock god. So this is an amazing gift.

Only one problem. We only have two cds. Blondie, The Bangles, and The Go Go's. Blondie and The Go Go's are, of course, awesome. Only one problem. They're also female singers. So I wait to unleash my inner god of rock. It's like telling a hungry person we have the meat and the fixings, we're just waiting for the buns. Then you'll get your sandwich.

Also, Belinda Carlisle was hella cooler when she was chubby and wearing garbage bags.

No comments: